Volunteer and Support NWVRA!
Our teams, our association and our sport would not be possible without the dedicated effort of many volunteers every year.
There are many great opportunities to support our ringette association through volunteering and sponsorship. If you're able to lend a hand or need to fulfill your minimum of three hours of volunteer hours, these are some ways that you can!
If you are interested in helping with any of the following for this season, please contact email@example.com (except where noted).
Coaching - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Team Managers - Contact email@example.com to volunteer
Every year we hold an Annual General Meeting where you can volunteer for one of the NWVRA board positions. Most vacancies are filled for this season but feel free to either volunteer for one of the remaining few vacancies or to help one of the existing volunteer board members if you think they could use a hand!
Come Try Ringette - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend event and help with set-up/take down, skate tying, helmet fitting, Q&A, etc.
- On-ice helpers
- Handing out promotional flyers at schools, skating events and other sporting venues
- Posting signs
- Coordinator - book location and caterers, coordinate volunteers
- Set-up & Take Down
- Liquor License (obtain)
- Serve It Right Certificate Holder (must be on site)
- Food Safe Certificate Holder (must be on site)
- Pick up of beverages
- Ticket Sales at Event (50:50, baskets, drinks)
- Table Decorations
- Cupcakes & Pop Purchase
- Banquet Basket for your Team
- Auction Organizer
- Gear Sale Organizer
- Post registration/promotional signs
- Organize Holiday Family Skate
- Uniform & gear return for your team
- BC Thunder/NRL game night organizer (for assoc)
- Organize & update association trophy cases and rink promo boards
- Photo night helpers
If none of the above suits your fancy but you have a skill or some time that you'd like to contribute and are looking for a way to do so, please contact us. We can find a way for everyone to contribute!
Sponsorship - Cash & Goods
We are always looking for businesses that will sponsor items (e.g. coaches jackets, team jackets/hoodies), events (e.g. Annual Banquet), tournaments, our website, etc. If this is of interest to you, please contact email@example.com.
We also gratefully accept auction donations of goods for our pub night fundraisers and banquet. If your business can donate a good or service in support of our association, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.