Players wear full protective equipment like hockey players, but use a unique stick and face mask. Ringette players can wear either long pants and a padded ringette girdle OR short pants and socks like hockey players (hockey pants and socks are allowed).
Goalies use regular hockey goalie equipment but use a unique catching glove.
- Helmet - CSA-approved (with valid expiry date)
- Face shield/Ringette cage - CSA-approved (different than a hockey cage)
- Neck guard - BNQ-approved (with bib for goalies)
- Shoulder pads/chest protector
- Elbow pads
- Practice jersey
- Ringette girdle or Hockey Jack/Jill
- Ringette pants or Hockey pants & socks
- Shin guard
- Hockey skates
- Mouth guard (recommended)
New or Used?
New equipment can be found on the North Shore at:
- Sportchek at Park Royal
- Time Out Source for Sports on lower Mountain Highway
- Larry's Sports in Westview Shopping Centre
- Canadian Tire
- North Shore Sport Swap on Pemberton
Used or second hand equipment, especially for new players is a great option! Ringette-specific gear can be hard to find, and no stores on the North Shore carry new ringette-specific equipment or sticks.
Time Out Source for Sports will now order ringette gear from their partner Max Performance and will bring it into their stores for us. North Shore Sport Swap will occasionally carry used ringette girdles, ringette sticks and ringette cages.
- North Shore Sport Swap
- Facebook marketplace
- Craigslist Vancouver
Stores in Greater Vancouver known to carry ringette gear:
- Max-Performance Sports at 107-223 West Broadway (NWVRA players get a 10% discount on ringette gear at Max-Performance)
- The Hockey Shop Source for Sports in central Surrey
- Cyclone Taylor (various locations)
Illustrations by Ringette BC.
NWVRA Uniform Requirements
- Uniforms (jerseys and/or pants) are to be worn for games/tournaments only, not for practices. (Provided by NWVRA)
- No application of anything else to the uniform except for the surname badge which is to be sewn on only (do not glue!). Your name badge is to be removed before handing it in to your Team Manager at the end of the season.
- Uniforms (jerseys and pants) are to be washed inside out in cool water, no bleach and hung to dry. Do not dry in a dryer, as this will melt the decals.
- All uniforms are to be handed in to the manager clean, washed, looking and smelling good!*
- The best way to keep the jersey from being damaged is to store it in a different pocket in your child's equipment bag, away from the skates.
* Keep your gear from getting stinky by taking everything out of your bag and drying it between games and practices!